Well it has been a fairly uneventful week until Wednesday. I was chatting with neighbor on the phone, and she said "are your dogs at home"? I said "Yeah I think so, but I will go check". I called and they were there, so I said, "yeah they are here, why"? She said "are their tongues hanging out?" They didn't seem to be puffing more than normal.
Turns out that her husband was in the tractor across from us feeding his cows, Buster (border collie a really sweet dog) was working the cattle and all of a sudden Mixer and Shiloh bolted across the road, and chased Buster all the way home. He figured they were going to kill Buster and headed over there as fast as he could go with the tractor but by then they must have headed back here. Buster wasn't hurt but her exact words were " they are lucky he didn't catch up with them!"
I guess now I am going to have to keep the dogs in unless I am right with them, they are grounded! I would really freak out if someone hurt one of my animals, and know I would not be nice about it and hubby would be even worse, so it will be best for all concerned if I make sure they are never allowed to make a mistake like that again.
Enough said about that subject as sometimes the less said the better.
I was out with the dogs last night waiting for hubby to get home from work when I noticed the ground was wet around the septic tank. When hubby got home I told him about it, he checked and it appears that the pump has stopped working. So now we have the fun job of emptying it out and then someone (NOT ME) is going to have to crawl down to remove the old one and install a new one.
Situations like this make me play up on being a woman and let men do mens work!
So I guess you know what we will be doing all weekend. Our weather has been beautiful and above freezing for the past few days. It was +10 on the thermometer the other day but now the forecast is calling for below o again for the weekend making a miserable job even worse. Oh well has to be done I guess.
I have been working at trying to catch Mystery without using the suck me in pen. I catch Prettygirl first tie her up and then start following Mystery around until she finally lets me put the halter on her. Usually Prettygirl is easy to catch but yesterday she was a real brat, jumping and kicking and biting at Mystery.
Finally after about 10 minutes she gave in, (she had actually worked up a sweat), I tied her up in the suck me in pen, and then started all over again with Mystery.
Don't know what Pretty's problem was but think she still may be in heat, she really had an attitude yesterday so didn't think it would be safe to saddle her up in that mood, so I just worked with her for a few minutes and let them go. They headed right out to the big pasture after that. Later they cruised on up here again but when I was returning from walking the dogs, Mystery spied me coming and headed right back out to pasture. It was so cute, you could see her thinking, and she isn't going to get me again!
On Wednesday I spent about two hours grooming them. Mystery actually let me run my hands down both her back legs, still won't give me her back feet but I did see a bit of an improvement. I always have good intentions of doing this every second day or so but somehow run out of time. I think I will do it tomorrow and of course tomorrow never comes. Hubby watches the Simpsons and likes Homer's motto "don't do today what you could put off till tomorrow". Maybe it is rubbing off on me!
Today I have head to Mayberry for shopping. I had been trying to hold off until Tuesday or Wednesday (the grand opening of our new Wal-Mart) but I am out of too many things so guess I will have to just go and get it over with.
So on that note, have a great weekend all and think of us having to do a crappy job(literally).

1 comment:
Hi there, oh thanks for the thinking of us down in the trenches.....
Yeah I do trust the neighbors to tell me the truth about my dogs and they have been over here enough to know what the dogs look like. I really don't think they would have hurt Buster and certainly wouldn't have killed him. I think they just like to chase and if something runs they chase it. Stupid prey instinct they have. They chase coyotes all the time so maybe they thought he was a coyote at first and because he ran they chased. They didn't actually hurt him so it didn't get to a dog fight level. Thank God.
Yes we are going to try and get some wire and put it up at the front so that it will make it more awkward for them to just chase out and in the mean time they will have to stay in with me unless I am out with them. I take them for two huge walks every day so it isn't like they will suffer too much. In the summer we will probably build them a big dog run at the back where they can be in if I am not right with them. I know I would loose it if someone hurt one of them so really don't want to take the chance of that happening.
Post a Comment