Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Not a welcome guest!

Well yesterday was mostly uneventful, took the dogs for a walk in the morning, came home showered (I know it is a big deal eh) then had to run over to check the mail and stopped in to pay Jill for the team penning. She so kindly offered me lunch so ended up there for most of the afternoon. Got home threw a hamburger goulash together, took dogs for a walk and went to do our civic duty by voting in the Federal election.

Came home had dinner, did dishes the regular stuff.

Now this is the point in the day where it got exciting!

Sammy had been squawking to go out, it was a bit of a storm out there, high winds and blowing snow. We have a motion light at the back door and it usually comes on when he is ready to come in. The light was on so I opened it, Sam started in the door and I realized he had something in his mouth. I yelled "No Sam", trying to keep him out! No such luck he skinned in the door packing a mouse and then dropped it. Was it a dead mouse? No! Of course not, it starts cruising around, I yelled for hubby and he came running (did I ever mention his fear of mice?) LOL

So the chase was on, we called Shiloh and all the dogs came running and they kept looking around like “what!, and didn't seem to see it at first. Then when they do they just stand there and watch it. I grabbed the broom to try and contain it in the corner, next thing you know he is cruising across the kitchen floor with hubby and I bumping into each other trying to get it in another corner before it could escape into cupboard or the vent system. We finally got him in-between the wall and a small corner cabinet and I handed the broom to hubby as I went to get a container to capture it in. Somehow it was able to squeeze through and started cruising right towards hubby and he panics and flings it with the broom, it flies over towards me, I scream and yell at him, he is laughing guiltily by now. Poor frightened little guy was racing all over the place looking for any avenue of escape. I was finally able to scoop him up, took him out and released him. He didn't waste any time taking off, think he was one happy little mouse, probably counting his blessings for the extra chance at life.

Sammy was very perturbed that his little toy had disappeared and the dogs, well they still seem to have a confused look on their faces. Hubby, says, "well I didn't want to have that thing go over my bare feet", …as if that was a grand explanation for firing it at me.

For the rest of the evening I laugh evilly and tell him "I will get even",” now he isn't sure when or where! The torture begins........

1 comment:

Doolittle Ranch said...

I am not sure that he was bringing me this beautiful present this time, think he had selfish motives behind that one. I think he was sick of his toy mouse and needs some new toys. As I type he is sitting right here meowing away as if he wants to tell his own story... The other night he was trying to catch snow flakes, does that count?
Have a great day