Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bright Sky

Yesterday morning while out walking, Mixer beside me like a faithful dog, the spin twins (Mojo & Shiloh) off running God knows where, I realized that there were fresh tracks about the size of Mixer's in front of me.
I kept on going and sure enough rounded a corner and there was a really large coyote running ahead of us. He took off through the fence to the neighbors and Mixer didn't see him or the chase would have been on. The girls finally caught up to us and amazingly enough didn't seem to catch on that he had been there. They seemed to be on the scent of something else, good thing or they would have followed it right into the neighbor's yard and don't think that would have gone over to well with their dogs. Tonight when I was walking I saw another one so guess it is the time of the year I will have to start watching for them. Last year they were really getting brave and were running in groups of three to four, which really makes me nervous with the dogs. We had to bring the gun with us a few times last year and take some shots at them, when I was by myself I would just shoot the ground hoping that the sound would scare them away for good. I hate the thought of shooting anything but it gets scary when they are packing up and don't run from you.

The get together for the birthday party yesterday was a huge success and think they liked the crystal prisms. I put a candle in a cupcake for each of them and sang a few bars of Happy Birthday. Being the nice person I am I spared them the whole song....

Today was gorgeous, sun shining on all that fresh snow (yes I am resigned to it now) with a blue sky in the background and this afternoon you could really feel some heat in the sun. At one point I looked out the window and Prettygirl was stretched right out enjoying it.
Poor little Mystery has snow packed in her feet again and can hardly walk. I feel so bad for her but she is still so stubborn about letting us touch them that I guess she will just have to suffer. Tomorrow morning I will try and get her in the suck me in pen and pick the front ones out at least. It will be futile though as she will have them full again in minutes. Prettygirl seems to be able to knock it out on her own maybe cause she moves around faster or something.

Tonight it is very clear and with it almost a full moon will be very bright. Al is going to be working with his horse tonight and wondered if we wanted to bring Prettygirl over. I thought we would go but now hubby just called and has to work late so guess we will have to wait for the weekend. I would go myself but she is still nervous when putting the saddle on and sidesteps just as I am lifting it up there. It is a roping saddle so therefore very heavy and I haven't built up enough strength to lift it up there and keep her still at the same time. If someone holds onto her lead rope she is fine, so maybe after a few more times with help I will be able to do it myself and maybe she won't think it is so scary.

Well that is all the excitement in my little world today.




No comments: