Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy Birthday Sister

Happy Birthday blt, see you are catching up to me now!.... ha ha.
Will give you a call later this morning.

I ended up going to help the neighbor again yesterday morning and didn't get home until just before hubby, so the rush was on to walk the dogs, feed the girls and get something on for supper. I did offer to go and help again today but he wants to try doing it all himself so will see, sure hope he doesn't put his back out again. He said he is going to go in for another treatment with the chiropractor tomorrow.

I have to share this story with you. Yesterday morning we came out of one pen after feeding the cows and the kitten whose name is Meme (there are three, Dough, Ray and Me, cute eh!) climbed up on the post and there was a cow very close to the fence. The cow moved towards the kitten to check it out and the kitten did the puffy fierce look and the cow got scared and started to run, then stopped. Of course this put kitty meow on a bit of a power trip so she started towards the cow running along the top of the fence, the cow spooked and started running away. Talk about laugh!, now she really thinks she is fiercer than a cow. Sure hope she doesn't get too much braver as they may just stomp her, but attitude might just save her.

Today I am going to concentrate on getting the tree and decorations all put away again for another year. I think I am going to miss the Christmas lights in the evening, it is such a soft relaxing light, oh well guess I will light a few candles or something instead. It will be nice to have the room back though as we have such a small house that anything extra sort of crowds the place.

I am sitting in the bedroom typing away and glance around behind me and this is what I see!


First time they have all been cuddled up on the bed together without hubby there too. Sam is getting braver all the time now around the dogs. Don't they look comfy, makes me want to go join them.

Anyway I am going to sign off and go check out India's blog and cruise a few others as well.
Have a great day all.

1 comment:

Doolittle Ranch said...

I know eh, we laughed for the rest of the day about that little thing, she is my favourite as well. They came from another friend of mine and I was this close to bringing her home. My biggest concern was Mixer and was worried that a kitten might push itself in his face and that wouldn't go over to well. Now that I see what attitude she has it was probably a wise choice..
Yes the bed crew are very spoilt! And as I type this they are trickling in to take thier spots on the bed.