Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Thursday, January 05, 2006

No title springs to mind

Yesterday was a productive day for me, I got the tree and decorations down and put away, house cleaned, floors washed, dogs walked, corral and shelter cleaned, bread made and a lovely dinner of salmon baked in lemon garlic butter with rice and broccoli.

After dinner I did the dishes and then treated myself to a nice lay down on the bed (my back was really sore) Sam cuddled up against me and I settled in for a long read. I got in about an hour and a half before my peace and quiet was shattered. Hubby decided to come to bed early and watch a movie! So I turned out the light and within minutes the snoring started so think he was just as tired feeling as I was. Did I mention this was at the late hour of Nine! I shut the TV off and fell asleep almost immediately as well. I think you need some nights like that once in awhile and feel so much better this morning. I have already got more bread cooking and three loads of laundry done, not put away but folded anyway. Hubby brings lunch every day so I am trying to stock up on the bread so that I can take a break from making it.

Every year when I take the tree down I wonder what the next year will bring, some people do this on New Years eve but not me. Somehow I am always a bit sad to take it down and just hope and pray that everyone makes it to see the tree put up again.

I wanted to share this picture of Me that I took a couple of weeks ago. This is my favorite kitten in the whole crew and I know the lady that has the mother cat and I got to see them just after they were born. This has always been my favorite and I came very close to bringing her home but I was worried that Mixer would snap if a kitten got in his face. Now that I know how bold she is I think it was a wise choice as am sure she would have challenged him, she seems to be fearless.


This is Starburst and my friend Jill who owns the ranch where I have been helping out. Starburst is the Mom of Ziggy (not officially his name yet), Ziggy was born in July and is going to have a shock to his system in the next couple of weeks as they are going to wean him. The other horse (the one with the spots) is Lucy and Lucy totally protects the baby boy and won't let him get near any strangers. She seems to be more protective then Star, Lucy is 18 or older and really slowing down. They call her Grandma now.


Ziggy is on the left, then there is Lucy (Grandma) and Starburst on the right.

Well that is all for now, think I am going to read for a bit until it is time to feed dogs, walk them and feed the girls. Have a great day all.

1 comment:

Doolittle Ranch said...

Yes you are so right about the boxer thing.

I am still chuckling about your kitty meow story. Man they really do have nine lives eh.
It just proves that attitude is everything, we could learn a lot from animals I think..