Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Snow

So it is snowing! Fluffy, blowing flakes. Yuk, I am so not ready for it again. I had a very unmotivated day, don't know why, maybe it is the weather or maybe it is the pms thing again... Funny how we always blame sour moods on that eh.

Now I really do sound like the Canadian I am, although I played an online game the other day to see if you were a true Canadian and I didn't scour very high at all. It is kind of fun though, check it out. My first score was truly embarrassing, I only scored two!, the second game I scored five so I stopped and haven't been brave enough to go back. Kidding, I just haven't felt like it.

Like I say, I was very discombobulated today and started one project only to turn around and start another and was having a hard time finishing anything. I finally did drag out the vacuum cleaner and managed to catch the hairballs that have been cruising around for the last few days, got the floor damp mopped. Didn't do the bathrooms although I did think about it and that should count for something right.
I am having a couple of friends in for lunch tomorrow to celebrate their birthdays. Maggie's was on Sunday and Jill's is on Thursday so Wed seemed like a good day for everyone. I picked them up each a little crystal prism for their windows. At Christmas they both gave me something thoughtful and nice and as I didn't realize that we would be exchanging gifts I didn't do much other than a box of chocolates for one and a candle for the other. We didn't even exchange gifts with our kids. Talk about feel crappy but what can you do at that point. Guess I will know for next year.

For the last few days the pressure tank (new last year) has been cutting in and out and finally I started timing it. It is every five minutes so think something is going wrong again with it. Last winter it started doing that, we didn't have a clue what was causing it and checked to make sure nothing was leaking. Then one night I had gone to a friends for dinner and when I came home I went to turn on the tap and no water. Of course hubby was out of town for a few days, it never fails. I called the plumber that had initially installed the system and go figure he was too busy so recommended another guy. Of course that guy was busy as well so couldn't come until the next day. I spent two days hauling water from the neighbors place which is really no fun when you have only a car and can only fill them half full. Well to make a long story short the plumber showed up the same time as hubby and had to try and explain what had gone on to both of them. It turns out that the hose that comes up from under ground and connects to the house had separated. Hubby was able to clamp it together and it has held ever since, but now I wonder if that is what is happening again. I spent some of the day putting buckets under all the taps to see if something was leaking and also turned the water off to both toilets and it was still happening so nothing in the house is leaking so it can only mean it is under ground somewhere!... OH Joy, just what we need. He is going to climb under there tomorrow night and see if it is leaking there again and tonight he played around with the settings on the pressure tank and at one point it was way worse, surging like crazy. He finally got it adjusted back to where it was before he started fiddling around but it is still doing the same thing. I just finished filling up emergency water just in case. Oh well one day at a time.....

Well that is all the exciting news in the life of Barb, take care all.

1 comment:

Doolittle Ranch said...

Hey there, you are so right!, it never happens on a nice day that is for sure. Oh well will take it one step at a time. At least this year if it happens I have more friends around this area so won't feel as alone as I did last year when it happened while hubby was away. He has to go out of town on Monday, what do you think the chances are....

Thanks for the kind words on the exchanging gifts thing, I probably will always feel bad about that as I should have guessed that they would do something. Oh well next year I will know better but if it was the other way around I know that I would be like you said and only value thier friendship and not worry about gifts.

Have a great day, talk soon