Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Friday, February 03, 2006

Too long since posting

Wow can't believe it has been this long since I posted.

I will catch you up to date starting with last Friday night.

I decided to take Prettygirl to team penning and Al picked us up around 6:40 and we headed over to the arena. When we got there it was pitch black and no vehicles in sight. We called up to the house and were told that it had been cancelled that evening due to them needing the cows for an event they were holding the next day.

Al'’s daughter was meant to meet us there so we hung around and while we were waiting another fellow showed up with horses in tow. Bob, one of the owners of the arena arrived at the same time as Diana and said that he would delay cleaning the arena and that we could use it for a while. That was awesome of him and I was able to spend 1 ½ hours riding Prettygirl and she did really well. Things weren't as scary for her this time as there were no cows lurking in the corner.

Saturday morning Nick hooked up the pump and then we went for our walk, when we got home he was able to figure out what we needed, we ran into Mayberry for a new pump and parts. Grabbed a Tim Horton sub so that we wouldn't have to worry about making dinner, about half way home hubby said, " I wonder if the problem could be that the float was just stuck". We washed it off and stuck it in some clean water and presto it started working. Go figure eh, if we hadn't picked up the new pump it probably wouldn't have worked. So after all that it was just a stuck float. Now we have a brand new pump and parts sitting here and will keep it for the day that it quits again. Saturday night we had a really nice barbecued steak and played quite a few games of poker, and hubby managed to beat the crap out of me. We switched to crib later and I only won a couple of those games. Oh well I was glad I hadn't spent money on lottery tickets that day!

Sunday was a rather lazy day, I spent about two hours with the girls and Mystery let me touch her back feet without moving away. I will just go one step at a time with that girl.
I worked at leading her around and you can tell that someone has ridden her before cause she knows whoa really well. I did this just for training as will never let anyone ride her with the condition her feet are in.

Hubby had Monday off so we slept in and then had to run into Mayberry to pick up a battery for the truck. It was completely dead. He got it running and we spent the rest of the afternoon hauling loads of old lumber into the field to be burnt later if we get more snow. We were able to burn a smaller pile that we have had stacked so it is sure nice not to have to look at that anymore.

Tuesday I ran into Mayberry for the grand opening of Wally World (Wal-mart), it was big excitement for the little town and the store was crowded. I think people have been waiting for a long time for it to finally arrive here. I buy all my dog and cat food there and usually save three or four bucks on each bag so it adds up after awhile.

Wednesday I stayed home and cleaned house, Al and family arrived late afternoon. Oh it is so good to spend time with the kids, they have both grown up so much since we saw them in August. Aidan is talking now and is at such a cute age. He mimics everything you say. We were finally able to give them their Christmas presents.


Yesterday I had to take Sam and Mixer into the vet for their vaccinations. Mixer also had to have blood drawn to see what his thyroid levels are, he got the good news that he had dropped a few pounds so Anne was happy about that. I should get the results of the tests later today. Poor Sam had been sleeping in the cave of the cat when it was time to go so needless to say he wasn't happy about being ripped from the cave and put in a carrier and put in the car. He meowed unhappily all the way to town. He was so scared in the Vet'’s office and I bet he thought he was going to be left there again. That is where I got him from last November. He sure was a happy kitty to see home again.

In the afternoon I spent time grooming the horses and Mystery actually let me pick out her back feet!.Yeah I was thrilled about that. She still won't actually give them to me but I was able to sort of hold them and pick them out.

Last night we had a late Christmas dinner and also celebrated Aidan'’s second birthday, only three weeks late!

Today will be spent just visiting and hanging out with the kids and tonight I am going to go to team penning again. Well that is all the news from here. Take care all and have a great weekend.

Sorry for the crappy fonts and stuff, I can't seem to change it in here. Guess I won't use word anymore to write these in.... Live and learn

No comments: