Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Monday, February 13, 2006

Water, don't take it for granted!

I can't seem to get in the mood to post on this blog as much as at first. Maybe because the days fly by way to fast and have to force myself to be on the computer.

Last Thursday my sister and my niece came for a visit and we saddled up Prettygirl and took them for a ride. At first Prettygirl was very nervous but finally settled in and was as good as gold.

Friday night I took her to the team penning and for the first half tied her down at the end with the cows as the most action was in that corner. This is to try and get her over her fear of the cows behind the boards. At half time I went to get her and she had worked herself up into a big sweat. I rode her around the arena for awhile but she was still scared of those cows so we opened up the pen that they were in and rode her in amongst them. At first she didn't want to go but in the end she did and she was even cutting them out. I think a few more times of doing this and she will be over her fear. Penning was a lot of fun this week, a really nice crowd of people participating and I relaxed enough on Waylon to be able to concentrate on doing what we are supposed to do. Waylon was really listening to me and we worked well together.
There was a girl there who's horse was coughing and coughing, King (Al's horse) started coughing before we got home and yesterday when I was grooming Prettygirl she started coughing as well so now think they have picked up something from that other horse. I was going to go over to Al and Jill's for a ride but after I heard her coughing changed my mind. If it is a bit of a cold she sure wouldn't want someone riding her.

I ended up making supper early as hubby is going to be away all week, got a load of laundry done for him, went to do the dishes after supper and got a half sink of water poured when all of a sudden NO WATER! Geez the saga continues. I called a plumber and he can't come until Tuesday so it is back to hauling water. I am just praying he can fix whatever it is before the cold weather is to hit. By Thursday we are supposed to have a low of -26 so it will not be any fun having to haul water. Say a little prayer that we get it working before then.

Wow after so many years of not smoking every once in awhile like times like this I think to myself " I sure could do with a cigarette, then I tell myself " how would that help?" bizarre how that craving never seems to totally go away. I sure wouldn't want to get caught up in that addiction again though as am so happy not to be dependent on them not only for the health reasons but also for the financial end of it. I think smokes are 9 bucks a package now. Gross eh.

Well I will sign out with a couple of photo's of my sis, my niece and Prettygirl. Mojo fell in love with my niece and would make an excellent kids dog.









2 comments:

JaG said...

That chair looks soooo comfortable!

Doolittle Ranch said...

jag the chair is a comfortable as it looks. I have spent many evenings watching T.V. with my eyes closed in it.

India thanks for the positive thoughts on the water situation. Right now I am not having fun. I spent the day hauling water and hopefuly he will be able to get it fixed by tomorrow. Don't know how important water is until you have to haul it.

I am not sure about that not blogging thing, think I was just in a rut for awhile. I am glad you are back to blogging again, I missed reading yours every day and hope whatever job you get next you keep it up...
Take care