Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Friday, February 17, 2006

Sorry

Hey there, I am sorry to have left anyone hanging, plumber guy did show up at 10:00 this morning and fixed the problem so we should be fine (cross fingers) for awhile now. He showed hubby how to change it if it happens again which was really nice of him.

He also apologized profusely for leaving me waiting the other day, I guess he had furnace emergencies to deal with and that had to come first especially since cold weather was on it's way. I think he knows now that a phone call would have been a good thing and that I would have understood, I was just choked to sit around waiting and wasting a day doing so. He did only charge me for one trip in the end and all is well that ends well.

We ran in to do some shopping after he left and ended up grabbing a bite to eat in town so didn't get home until four, took dogs for a walk and then went to my very first horse auction.
Well that was an experience.

I came home with a brand new saddle pad (nice and thick) a new halter, a lead rope and two silhouettes, one cat and one dog which I will put on the house. I thought I was paying $11.00 for the pair and then later realized that I paid that for each one. Didn't tell hubby how much I paid for those. I will post a picture as soon as I can hang them up.

I also, sort of, bought a saddle!

Well let me explain that one. When we first got there we went and checked out the saddles and Terry and Diana said that they were interested in the same one that I was, I said I would pay up to $250.00 for it, and they said they would only pay up to $400.00 for it, so when it came up I put my hand up and it quickly shot up to the $400.00 so I didn't bother anymore. Diana and I were chatting away and next thing you know the auctioneer is looking right at us and saying, sold to the ladies at the top for $430.00. We kind of looked at each other and then realized that he was referring to us.
So I am going to try the saddle on Prettygirl when she gets better and if I like it, I will buy it from them and if I don't, they say they want to keep it.

From now on if I bid on something I will pay more attention to making sure the auctioneer knows I have quit bidding! The saddle is probably worth around $600.00-$800.00 though so it is still a good deal. I was originally looking for a horse blanket but they ended up going for more then I wanted to pay and I can pick one up at the second hand tack shop for less.

Some of the horses went for what I thought were really reasonable prices, but of course I am still green on what to look for. There was a really pretty paint mare pregnant with foal that I would have been interested in if only I had more money! Sigh......

Anyway that is an update on my day. Take care all and have a good weekend. Oh yeah hubby is off for ten days now so might not update too much for a bit.

No comments: