Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

And she updates finally

Hey there, well I must say I haven't been spending too much time on the computer and when I do I think I should update the blog but then don't end up feeling creative enough at that time so I think I will do it tomorrow.... ha ha, we all know what happens when you think tomorrow!

I have been reading everyone else's blogs but can't seem to be creative enough to come up with anything intelligent to comment on. Sorry I will pull out of this soon I hope.

Prettygirl is still fairly sick and I ended up calling the vet because her snot was a yellow green color which would mean infection. She prescribed penicillin for five days, 14 pills per dose once a day. She suggested mixing it with apple sauce and using a large syringe. Well I tried that the first day and unfortunately the syringe was too full so ended up wasting some of it. Didn't help that she was fighting me either. You would think we were tring to poison her! Hubby finally had to tie her up to the fence as close as he could and I stuck my finger in the side to open her mouth and pushed it in. I think I was pushing it too fast and the second day we wasted a bit of it too. Then I got smart and called the vet back and went and got another syringe so now using too it works better as each one isn't so full. She seems better today not as sad looking but still has a snotty nose so will see how she looks on Monday morning before phoning the vet again. This sure was a rotten bug and don't think I will take her back to the arena again for a long time, too scary what they can pick up. So far Al's horse King is better but now another one has come down with it so imagine it will run through all his horses.
The vet was saying that a lot of people have horses sick with the same thing so really must have been contagious.

Oh something so cool. My sister emailed the other day with a link to a web cam that was set up in her sister in laws barn focused in on a horse ready to foal. I watched faithfully (as best as I can using dial up!) for three nights and nothing. Yesterday morning when I woke up I tuned in and there he was, an adorable little colt. You can check him out at
http://wefoal.com/_cams/willowvale/cam.html
Anyone with high speed will totally be able to enjoy this, us poor little dial up people really do suffer when it comes to fun stuff like this. Oh well better then nothing right.

We have tons of snow now and not fun to walk through it. We finally have our trail cut out again so it is getting a bit easier. The first day took us about an hour and 1/2 to do our normal walk as had to keep stopping. Having to wear heavy winter boots doesn't help either. Guess we really can't complain though as up until last week we were able to still wear running shoes. Winter has finally hit here now and imagine we are going to be in for a crappy March.

Not much else new, hubby goes back to work on Monday and maybe I will finally be able to get this place cleaned. Have been doing the bare minimum lately.

Night all.

1 comment:

Doolittle Ranch said...

Yeah I know I hate giving cats anything that they don't want, that is an art in itself and can be dangerous....

I am jealous that you don't have to cut snow trails, I am going to have to do it again tomorrow. It is snowing again and didn't walk today as have been feeling crappy with some kind of bug. Will update the blog in the morning. Going to hit the bed and get comfy and do some reading probably with my eyes closed.