Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sick Chick

We have got dumped with snow, it can stop any time now! In the past few days we have had another four inches or so of this stuff and it keeps on coming. Right now it is fluffy little flakes, kind of like those snow globes that you tip upside down and shake, turn over and the world inside is full of white fluffy flakes.

We finished Prettygirl's medication and she was still showing signs of infection so went and got more so she is now on 14 pills twice a day for two and 1/2 days. Yesterday morning her nose looked real good and last night she just had a bit of a runny nose so hopefully she will be over this soon. I got smart finally and started crushing her pills up and mixing it in with sweet feed. She loves that stuff and it is way easier to give her then shoving a syringe in her mouth. I just hold the container with the mixture in and she gobbles it all up. Simple! Don't know why I didn't try that in the first place. Oh well live and learn.

I have been sick for the past couple of days and didn't even make it out for my walk yesterday morning. The dogs were sure disappointed they started off to our usual spot and looked at me with great disgust when we had to turn around and head home. It seems to be some kind of flu bug but I feel better today and am hoping to be able to make it for the whole walk this morning. Everywhere I go lately I hear people hacking, coughing, sneezing and complaining of being sick so guess it is no wonder that it spreads so fast. Scary really as you never know when you have come in contact with something really serious like that bird flu. Just hope for the best I guess, a person could really make themselves paranoid and end up not going out in public at all.

Our oldest son and his buddy were here last Friday night to pick up his camper and headed out ice climbing. They are supposed to be back here this Friday night, overnight with us and then have to head home. I shudder every time I see any of his climbing pictures and worry every time he goes out. I am so scared of heights and break out in a sweat when I see pictures of him hanging off the side of a mountain.

Well I am going to head here and start crushing up those 14 pills, feed the dogs and venture out in the snowy land to plow through all that snow to break the trail again. I will be glad when spring comes even though we have been extremely spoilt with the lack of snow and warm weather up until the past week or so.

Have a great day all.

1 comment:

Doolittle Ranch said...

Oh it is fun, I love it still think I am just whining for nothing. It is just hard to walk through all that snow. Just got in and was beautiful out there with the sun shining, almost blinds a person with all that fresh snow. Dogs are very tired right now, they had to cut trail again.

Yeah I was wondering if that was a get even thing from her too. ha ha. She loves the sweet feed though and you are right, it does smell good. Shiloh even likes it.