I left the house at 8:40 this morning and didn't come in until it was time for lunch. I took the dogs for a really long walk. Now that the wind rows are gone I don't like walking out in the open area so we are going to cut some trails through the forrest. I spent a long time winding through trying to map out the best route to follow. It is going to be really cool once it is done and we will have at least two sides of the property with trees to walk through.
I am hoping they come back to fix the area that they call the drinking pond for the cows. As it is right now I would think it would be dangerous as they have a soft slope and then a big drop off right in the middle. Haven't had a chance to talk to the guy that is doing it to see if that is how they are going to leave it. I also was hoping that they would have cleaned it up a bit, there are huge mounds of dirt and clay all over the place with a fairly steep climb to the top of it at the back. I took some pictures but it doesn't seem to really capture what I mean.

This is the drop off that I am talking about

This is the view from the top of the pond, you can see the wide open field from the top
When we finally got home from walking I caught the girls and gave them a couple hours attention. They are both shedding so hope that is a good sign of spring on its way. I was so excited as Mystery actually let me hold one of her back feet up again but was not too sure about the other back foot. I guess I will just keep working on her and then the next step will be to introduce the tools that are used while trimming hooves. She is so nervous about anything new, I used a squeegee on them today as bought one to remove sweat. Well she saw that and she just about jumped out of her skin and then realized that it wasn't going to attack her after all. She is so funny like that.
While I was brushing her I absentmindedly pushed my head band up on my head. Well you would think I was going to kill her, she jumped so hard and went into flight mode. I took it off, let her sniff it and then popped it on her head. Talk about cute! Then Prettygirl had to have a turn but the picture didn't turn out as well. It stands out so much better on all that white.



They both enjoyed their grooming session and at the end stood at the gate as if they wanted some more.
This afternoon I am going to go back out and burn the paper and maybe even sit by the campfire for a bit. I am going to scatter some seeds around the septic pipe so that flowers will grow there in the summer. It would be nice to see flowers there instead of the pipe.
A special note for indiaiynke: I wondered what happened to your blog. I thought maybe it was a server error or something. I am disappointed that you aren't going to keep it up, it was my morning habit to grab a coffee and check to see what you were up to. Going to miss that.


2 comments:
Oh I was happy to read your note. I am glad you are going to blog again, I checked though and it isn't up yet? I will keep on checking... ha ha. This blogging thing has become an addiction I think. Oh well a good one though.
I know, I am anxious for spring to come too and can imagine how hard and distracting that must have been to smell and see all the flowers. I won't tease myself with that though. Today we had more flurries, they didn't last too long but was enough to make me realize that spring is a ways off yet..... Oh well once it comes I will probably be whinning that I don't have enough time or energy to get everything done that I want to do. Always the way eh.
Anyway welcome back talk soon, me (:
Hey there, sorry I haven't been on here for awhile. This weekend was busy although never seemed to accomplish too much to speak of.
I did check your site out and it looks good, (the shift.click) one and did change the link on mine. I see you tagged me..... will write you a note on that one.
I am not sure why cats won't allowe antlers to be placed on their heads. I tryed to put a Santa hat on Sam at Christmas but no go either. Think they are just too dignified for stuff like that. I am going to have to find a few pictures that I saved with some cats dressed up. Very cute but don't know how they managed to make them do it.
Talk soon, me (:
Post a Comment