Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday March 6

Wow the sign on page has changed? Liked the old one better I think. Maybe they are just making some changes and it is still a work in progress?

I am still not feeling all that great, will be a week on Tuesday so guess this morning I will try and make a doctors appointment. Man I hate having to do that as was hoping it would go away on its own. Still can't eat a proper meal but if I stick to stuff like soup broth and crackers and cottage cheese, bananas I seem to be ok. Stomach still gurgles but the running settles right down... Anyway will see, there are so many flu bugs on the go but a week is too long so will make the call.

This weekend flew by. Al and his buddy Jason came on Friday night and stayed until late the next day. Hubby had Al help him with the brakes on the truck and he finished it off himself late yesterday and got it running again. That thing has turned into a hobby for sure but he was so pleased to be able to use it again.
The boys had a great week off and did a bunch of climbs some skiing and some relaxing and Al sure needed a good break as they have been working him seven days a week for the past few months.

Our land has changed so much, the fellow that is haying it used a cat and took out all the wind rows so now instead of having a bunch of small fields, it is a big open field. I was kind of sad to see the rows gone as did enjoy being able to walk out there and not see the end of the field right away. Sure makes the land look bigger and it will be more efficient for growing hay as well. He is also putting in a huge dugout at the far end so that the cattle will have water and it will make a good skating rink next winter. So all in all the changes will probably be good.



This is an example with the wind rows, mostly willows and brush.





Hubby getting lessons how to run it

They are still working on the dugout so will get pictures of it once it is done. Hopefully by the end of today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just checking in - I deleted my blog because I don't have time to mess with it, but I'm still reading and commenting on my favorites!