Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Frustrated!

Wanna know what frustration is? Sitting at home all day waiting for a plumber to either come or call at least to let me know what time he might be here! I cut my walk short with the dogs this morning thinking that he would just show up while I was out. It is now almost five p.m. and still nothing. I phoned his house at lunch to try and get hold of him to let him know I had to be away from 2:30 to just around four p.m. and of course got his answering machine. I brought my cell phone with me when I went as had promised Al and Jill I would come help them move some cows around. They are selling some off and when I got home expecting to at least see a message from him, nothing. Seems trades people can be so ignorant and guess cause they are in such demand common courtesy goes out the window. I am still ok for water and the pressure switch is still holding (touch wood) so I am fine, it just makes me mad when people don't at least call to say they are running late or whatever the excuse is. It felt like such a waste of a day. Oh well I needed to vent, think it is because I am choked with the weather.

It is terrible out there, winds blowing and making it seem like about -25, we are supposed to actually go down to -26 tonight and with the wind they are saying -38 so think we are in for a cold one. When I went out to feed the horses this morning Prettygirl was shivering. I gave her oats right away and she stopped, I locked them in the little corral hoping that they would use the shelter and even put a bunch of new stray and hay in there so that she wouldn't have to stand outside to eat. Last time I looked she was standing right outside the entranceway but not going in. I put two new fresh bales of straw in there so don't know what else I can do for them. Will go out a bit later and give them some more warm water but whatever way you look at it think they are in for a cold night. She is still coughing like crazy but is eating and did drink a little bit of the water I brought to her. If she is still bad tomorrow I might give the vet a call and see what she recommends.

Well I will sign off for now and carry on waiting.

No comments: