Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day


Hope you all had a nice one.

The plumber came just before 10 this morning and looked at the pressure tank and discovered that the pressure switch was burnt out, he didn't have one with him so he is going to come back tomorrow morning and fix it. Yeah! Imagine this is going to be costly to have to pay his travel time twice.
He played around with it and got it working enough that I can turn it on and use it but did say that it would go again so not to use any more water then necessary until it is fixed. I was so happy to see the taps come on and made sure I flushed and filled.....Anyone that has been without water for any length of time will understand what I mean.
I had boiled some water for the horses this morning so that I could add some really hot to their frozen water, I really want to encourage Prettygirl to drink lots to help flush whatever bug she has picked up. She got two carrots today and extra grain to try and keep her warm. She seemed to be a bit better today and showed more interest in the carrots and grain.

We have had a terrible wind again and blowing snow. This morning when I first got up there was still no snow and within an hour the ground was covered and now we probably have over an inch and 1/2. Of course cause it has been so warm up until now I shiver big time when going outside. Tomorrow night it is meant to drop to -26 so will spend some time cleaning out the horse shelter and put fresh straw in there for them. The older I get the more I hate the cold it seems. I feel so sorry for the animals as must be hard for them to adjust to the sudden climate changes as well.
Poor old furnace will be pumping like crazy for the next few days as well.

Anyway just wanted to do a quick update before tucking in to bed to read. My sis left me two books and I finished one and am half way through the next and am at the best part. Plus I must say it is so cozy curled up in bed with Sammy tucked in beside me keeping my back warm.
Night all.

1 comment:

Doolittle Ranch said...

Well hey there, hubby will do a nice steak dinner for me when he gets back. I will make him, ha ha.

I just finished a book called "The First Time" written by Joy Fielding. It was really good but very sad as it took you through the life of a lady that had been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease and how it affected her and her family. I won't say any more then that in case you decide to read it.
I like reading all different kinds of books.