
Got a call from A last night and now it looks like they won't be able to make it down for Christmas because two of the guys he works with got called home for family emergencies so he will end up having to stay and work. What a disappointment as we were looking forward to watching the kids open presents. Something we haven't been able to enjoy since our boys were little. Guess stuff happens and he is going to try and come in January so we will do Christmas then.
I guess I will spend the day cleaning and putting furniture back where it was originally. Oh well once again at least things will be clean behind the furniture something I probably wouldn't have done if I didn't have to move it.
I cheated this year and made an online card for friends and family and just sent a personal message to each one. Maybe now that the kids won't be coming I will take the time to find a special on line card for each one. I have been searching for really different places for cards and have found a few that look interesting but haven't checked them out fully yet.
I took about an hour yesterday to groom and worm the horses. It was one of those beautiful days where the sun was shining, very mild and no wind. The horses were both in good moods and Mystery even let me pick up her back feet for a very short time, not enough to do anything but enough to not get too upset. I will keep doing that with her and maybe eventually I will be able to handle them with out a fight. The worming medicine comes in a tube where you are to put the ring at the right spot for the weight of the horse and then squeeze it in their mouth. I did Mystery first and had it about half which would have been right for her, gave it a squeeze and it didn't budge so I pushed a bit harder and it went but the problem was it went all the way to the end. That stupid little ring didn't hold it so she got an overdose of worming meds. I immediately called my friend to see what I should do and she thought that cause Mystery is overweight and not a really small pony that it should be ok. I watched her closely for the rest of the day and she seemed fine. I sure hope that it will be ok I really should complain to the manufacture of the stupid thing cause that could have been very serious if she had been a smaller pony.
Well I will sign off now and get this posted before the phone rings, hubby usually calls to let me know he made it to work ok and I am on good old dial up! Man I miss high speed internet, I finally got it at the old house I lived at and then we moved to a rural location where it will probably be years before we get such things.
So bye for now, Have a great day all
I guess I will spend the day cleaning and putting furniture back where it was originally. Oh well once again at least things will be clean behind the furniture something I probably wouldn't have done if I didn't have to move it.
I cheated this year and made an online card for friends and family and just sent a personal message to each one. Maybe now that the kids won't be coming I will take the time to find a special on line card for each one. I have been searching for really different places for cards and have found a few that look interesting but haven't checked them out fully yet.
I took about an hour yesterday to groom and worm the horses. It was one of those beautiful days where the sun was shining, very mild and no wind. The horses were both in good moods and Mystery even let me pick up her back feet for a very short time, not enough to do anything but enough to not get too upset. I will keep doing that with her and maybe eventually I will be able to handle them with out a fight. The worming medicine comes in a tube where you are to put the ring at the right spot for the weight of the horse and then squeeze it in their mouth. I did Mystery first and had it about half which would have been right for her, gave it a squeeze and it didn't budge so I pushed a bit harder and it went but the problem was it went all the way to the end. That stupid little ring didn't hold it so she got an overdose of worming meds. I immediately called my friend to see what I should do and she thought that cause Mystery is overweight and not a really small pony that it should be ok. I watched her closely for the rest of the day and she seemed fine. I sure hope that it will be ok I really should complain to the manufacture of the stupid thing cause that could have been very serious if she had been a smaller pony.
Well I will sign off now and get this posted before the phone rings, hubby usually calls to let me know he made it to work ok and I am on good old dial up! Man I miss high speed internet, I finally got it at the old house I lived at and then we moved to a rural location where it will probably be years before we get such things.
So bye for now, Have a great day all
1 comment:
Yeah I know what you mean about yuk yuk and double yuk, that is what I was muttering when I had to dispose of the body and it kept falling off the little shovel that I was using to move him!
I hope you have an excellent Christmas as well all the best.
Post a Comment