Well I am so lucky to have a friend that knows how to fix hair that some idiot tried cutting herself! Guess we all know who that might be, my friend Maggie fixed it though and it actually doesn't look too bad and certainly is easier to manage especially with having to wear hats all the time.
Our birthday party was fun last night and the people around here are great, they make you feel so welcome. It wasn't a late night at all and watched some TV (with my eyes closed) when we got home, then went to bed.
We are having a snowstorm here tonight and guess it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Oh well we can't really complain as it is I guess overdue.
Hubby climbed up that ladder today to see why the two strands of lights weren't working, we ended up pulling them down cause it appears that if one light bulb burns out the whole strand won't work. One of the strands got wrecked as he gave it a pull and instead of the staple popping out of the wood, the strand broke. He was more careful with the next one, we brought it in the house warmed it up and then I began going through each light. Half way through the phone rang so of course I lost my spot so had to start all over again grrr. After all that still no light! I imagine knowing my luck two or more bulbs had burnt out and don't have a clue of how you could fix that without replacing them all. Needless to say I gave up and put them in a bag out of sight.
Hubby is going to try and bring them back to the store as the advertisement for them bragged about the thousands of hours they are supposed to work for. I think that is going to be a lesson in futility but he has to try I guess. So now only half the house is lit and we probably won't get around to getting the rest of it done cause he swears he isn't buying that kind again and I think it would look dumb to have half in one style and half in another. If it warms up again I might just pull the first half off as well and maybe just light up a tree instead of the house. Will see how ambitious I get.
Well no more news today

No comments:
Post a Comment