Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Happy Mixer


Proud of himself or what. Ever since he has started feeling better Mixer is a digging maniac. Today he was outside for about three hours and didn't want to come in, and what a mess when he finally did. His face was covered in dirt and his normally white paws now have little black socks!

I would be annoyed with him if I wasn't so darn happy to see the big guy feeling better. On our walks now he is running ahead again instead of just trailing along behind me, it makes me so happy every time I see him chasing after the girls instead of just giving up half way. The thyroid medicine does seem to be working and will know more in a few weeks when he has to go back for more tests. Even his coat seems to be looking healthier, yeah for meds.

I spent a very frustrating day of moving things around from room to room trying to make all the beds fit for the company. I finally have it where I think it will work out now but am wasted from doing it all. Course moving a fully loaded book shelf was stupid, you would think I would have emptied it first, a smart person would have!

I now have both my computers in one room and under the desk of one of them I have made Sam a nice little hidy hole. He was so funny, at first he wouldn't go in, I guess cause I wanted him to. I ignored him for awhile and the next time I looked he was curled up in there as happy as a kitty could be. I guess as long as he thinks it was his idea. I wanted him to have a special spot to hide when the two year old grandchild comes. Sam really is scared of children and spends the whole time in hiding. It is so funny cause he hears their door shut at the end of the day and he comes out slowly slinking along to make sure the coast is clear.

Well only four more sleeps before my peace and quiet is shattered.... I really am looking forward to it though, we haven't had Christmas all together for years now, hopefully will get some good pics.

My daughter in law emailed today and wants to cook dinner for me one of the nights she is here, I told her have at it, I love it when someone else cooks, it always tastes better.

I am sporting a lovely sore throat tonight and think hubby's cold is trying to get hold of me. I gargled with peroxide water, not a tasty treat but it usually does work and have doubled up on the old vitamins so hopefully I can avoid getting it. Oh well what will be, will be, I guess. I haven't had a cold for over a year so guess I am due, but does it have to be Christmas....Wah, feel sorry for myself or what!

Anyway going to head for bed, get nice and warm and read some more of that book I started awhile ago. I had big plans of printing off some cards for local friends but don't think I am feeling too creative right now so will tackle that one in the a.m.

1 comment:

blt blogs said...

Looks like Mixer is his old self but I should test him and see if he can still out run me. Love, Shimi