Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Belly Ache session

Well this is going to be a full blown complain session!! I could use stronger words but see Sister, I can watch my language...... although it is tough, very very tough right now.

Why do men get in such a rut!. Hubby is really irritating me tonight, he comes home from work and the TV immediately gets turned on. First I have to sit through two re-runs of Mash (it isn't like he hasn't seen each one at least ten times), then at six o'clock promptly I get to suffer Bob Barker and the Price is right for a full hour of people jumping up and down and screaming over nothing. I mean nothing, before they even bid on an item they are jumping up and down and yelling like they have already won the prize !.... Crap I hate the noise. Then my next complaint is when he finally turns it on to something like a movie, god forbid! He watches it until a commercial comes on and then flips the channel to what he calls his back up channel. Then just when you get interested in the back up channel he switches it back and guess what? We have missed the first few minutes again cause his timing was off. No wonder he has to watch things over and over again. Then at nine promptly it gets switched to Jay Leno, not that I mind Jay Leno, I don't, but every night! Even if he is watching a movie or something he switches it over to the opening lines, checks to see who is on and then if it isn't somebody he wants to watch turns it back to the movie he was watching before. Therefore misses quite a bit of the movie.....Grrr

So here I sit with the head phones on and music playing as loud as I can to drown Bob and the noise makers. Man I can't stand watching anything that people are forever yelling. Before he got in the price is right rut he would watch cops every single night. Then you got to watch people being caught in their worst moments of their lives. Oh well I guess that is his escape and mine seems to be the computer, so here I am escaping.... (:
Maybe one day I will climb right in here never to surface again. Wonder how long it would take before he thinks "hmm wonder where she went??"
Anyway guess that rant is over with for another week or so! Do you think????

Maybe I am just grumpy cause it is so windy again here today and I think it is starting to annoy me big time. Even Prettygirl seemed grumpy today, I had to douse her leg with iodine, she has a sore on one of her back legs and not sure if it is ringworm or something else. One of my neighbor's horses has it so it is possible I guess and can't hurt to iodine it up and hope it gets better. Just the thought of it makes me itch big time. I did wear bright yellow rubber gloves (that is a story in itself) and was really careful to wash everything in bleach just in case.
First thing this morning I went out armed with two white plastic bags, cotton balls, iodine, bright yellow rubber gloves and boy did she panic when I pulled out those gloves. Then out came the bags and like I said it is windy today so she really spooked when the bag was blowing around. (The bags were to put the used cotton and gloves in). I took some time to let her sniff everything and then kept rubbing her in her favorite spot with the plastic bag trying to get her used to it. I can imagine being out riding with her when a very scary bag blows!, we probably wouldn't stop for awhile. Eventually it didn't seem to bother her so I got at the chore. I am hoping it isn't ringworm at all and just a scratch that got infected or something. I will keep a close eye on it. I had initially put Keraplex on it thinking that maybe it was just a cut, Keraplex is purple so she is sporting a lovely purple leg again and now with the iodine she looks just lovely.

I took the dogs for two walks today and boy Mojo cracked me up, she is so happy to be running free that sometimes she takes off for long periods of time so I have started to hide in the bush along the trail. Today Mixer and Shiloh were running ahead of me and Mojo had taken a detour at the junction so I just stepped off the trail and hid. It was probably a good five minutes before Mixer and Shiloh came to find me and then we all sat there in hiding waiting for the spinny girl. We waited and waited probably about another five minutes when she flew past us with a panicked look on her face. I didn't call her and obviously she kept on going, I am sure she probably thought we were already home. Finally I had to make a few noises and she came racing back and right on by again, at the last minute she must have caught sight of us in her peripheral vision (I was wearing a bright red jacket!) and rushed up to us with a very relieved look on her face. I couldn't stop laughing and after that she would still fly on way ahead but then every once in awhile I would notice her looking back to make sure everyone was where they should be. I used to do that to Shiloh when she was a puppy and it sure helps her pay more attention to where I am (except when her nose is working her ears definitely don't) like when she is chasing some deer or coyotes.

Well I am vented out now so thanks for listening and think I will head off to go check out the yahoo games. Something I haven't done for months now. Think I am due for some meaningless chatter with strangers...

1 comment:

Doolittle Ranch said...

Oh thank you for telling me I am not alone in the television thing!
I have tried the staying out of the room thing and think he is happier not having to hear me cluck everytime we miss a part of the movie... Ha ha
We also have a small house so one computer is in our bedroom and the other one I have in our kitchen which is right off the living room where the tv is so guess he doesn't really miss me at all as I am right there all the time.. Oh well I do feel better for venting anyway. Thanks