Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Visitor

Today it is melting! and by the weekend according to the weather we are supposed to be going to a high of +9. Wow I will take it.

We just got in from our walk, it was gorgeous out there with a Chinook wind which wasn't cold for a change. The dogs had a good run this morning as they chased a big buck deer for a long ways and then finally realized that they weren't going to catch him and came back. I never have my camera ready when moments like that happen, too bad cause he was a very handsome guy. Last night they all chased off into the bush and Shiloh cried out, when she came out she had a nasty cut on her leg, flesh ripped open but not bleeding too much. Got home and cleaned it out and put a bandage on it, she is feeling very sorry for herself. Mojo was very concerned and kept trying to go sniff it but Shiloh really didn't want her to. I am not sure if I should be putting a bandage on it or not, keeps her from licking at it though. I will just keep an eye on it I guess.

Let the horses out in the main yard again and Prettygirl is getting very brave around the house now. She was drinking out of the dogs water dish (it is an ice cream pail). Had to take this picture of her.


They were out all day yesterday and sure enough when I went to bring them in one of the geldings was over visiting and she didn't want to leave him and was really choked when I put her back in her pen. She ran around jumping, kicking and calling for him. She is such a tramp! When I went to get her they were grooming each other and I hated to break them up but it was starting to get dark so it was time to go back to her corral.

I am not feeling very energetic today and guess these early mornings are starting to show. I am supposed to be getting my hair cut today and now am not into it and the way I feel it will probably turn out a disaster. Oh well it is just hair and it does grow (slowly).

Just heard from my daughter in law last night and looks like they may be coming for Christmas. That will be nice and sure hope my other son and his family come as well as we all haven't been together at Christmas for a very long time. Our oldest grandson is eight and the youngest one will be two in January so they are at such a fun age. Not sure how the tree will fair with Aidan (the almost two year old), more than likely it will go over at least once. He is so much like his father that it is scary, we call him AJ (Alan Junior). Anyway will have to wait and see how the plans develop, it is a long time away yet isn't it??? ha ha, Christmas always creeps up way to fast and then it is over so quickly.

Last Christmas Nick and I spent the whole thing getting the corrals ready for the horses, in fact on Christmas day it was so nice we were cutting grass. The corral had been left in a bad state and the fences needed to be repaired and the ground cleaned up as there was wood laying all over the place buried under long grass so needed to be cleaned out before putting the horses in there. The only way we could find everything dangerous was to cut it all and rake it. New Years we spent putting up a shelter for them. It was a wonderful Christmas present for both of us getting them.

Anyway I seem to have run on here so will sign off for now

1 comment:

Doolittle Ranch said...

Prettgirl thanks you for the compliment, she thinks she is darling too. People around here think I am nuts for turning her into a pet instead of a working animal. The general mentality of where I live is "if they aren't useful get rid of them", can't feed something unless it gives you something in return. I think she does though, she gives us great enjoyment. Yes we are in Celsius, funny I don't even think in fahrenheit anymore. My thermometer has both though and have to check it now and then when my sis tells me what the temp is in Aloha, Oregon where she lives.