Well thought I should update this even though nothing too exciting has happened in the last few days.
Except for my mouse story!, seems everyone is having unwanted guests come in for the winter and I was thinking oh lucky us, Sam wouldn't let anyone in. Well I was talking on the phone the other morning, house was nice and quiet, dogs in their usual morning nap positions on the couches, Sam was having his snooze in the cave of the cat (the laundry room cupboard) when I see a movement in the corner of my eye. A mouse scoots under the dishwasher. Man I went and had a word with the cat but he decided it wasn't important enough to get up for, stretched and went back to sleep.
That night I was sitting there again and sure enough the little guy runs toward the stove, Sam had been outside so I called him in, moved the bottom drawer out and sure enough Sam got him. I made him surrender the body as I don't like to let him eat them. End of story?
Of course not, we couldn't get off that easy. Yesterday morning I was sitting quietly sipping coffee and reading my book, there again house was nice and quiet when in my peripheral vision I saw movement on the kitchen counter and there sits this little mouse. Of course I freaked and threw my book at him, boy did he disappear quickly. Well needles to say the war is on and I went and got mouse traps and have placed them under the cabinets and behind the stove. I really don't hate mice, just really hate them in my house and especially hate seeing them anywhere near food!
My neighbor friend gave me some mouse poison which is marked "mouse treats", how funny as if mice might read the package, but I am very reluctant to use it in case a mouse takes some and then Sam gets the mouse. I will try the traps for awhile and also have to re-look at everything and try to figure out where they might be getting in. Thought we had that covered last winter but they have found a new spot I guess.
Anyway the dogs are still adjusting to each other and show jealousy in varies ways. Shiloh who always sleeps on her couch has decided that Lucky's bed is nicer and then when Lucky goes and lays on the other bed (we have tons of animal beds placed around) she goes back to her couch. Mixer who always lays on his couch moved over to the other couch and then back again. It is funny watching the little signs but overall they are all getting along really well and it is going to be very hard to see Lucky go home on Sunday. I have heard that the owners don't even really want the dog so will see, she has a home here for sure if they don't.
This weekend probably will be fairly busy as Nick is off for three days and I really want to rip the carpet out of our bedroom and eventually put in laminate flooring. I hate carpet when you have pets, funny how they will always go to the carpet if they need to puke. For now there is linoleum under the carpet, not sure what shape it is in but I am sure it will be still be easier to keep clean.
We also need to re-seal the bottom of our outside doors with weather stripping before the snow flies which will probably be any day now. Every year I dread winter until it is actually here and then do adjust to it again. Having to walk in clunky boots and layers of clothing. Oh well whine!
Well all for now.
Friday, November 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment