Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Sorry

Well I must begin this with an apology, sorry to have left anyone wondering if we did get blown away in that wind storm. We made it, although at times I did have to wonder about our logic of procrastinating on getting this home bolted down. Every time we go through one of these wind storms we both say " we really should get those bolts and get at it", but then the moment passes and life goes on. Oh well one of these days we will actually make it a priority.

I must confess I have been outside a lot taking advantage of this nice weather we are getting, it has been in the plus numbers every day and today we reached a high of +18, Calgary reached +20. The rest of the week looks really promising but by the weekend they are predicting winter!, Whine, that is going to be a hard adjustment again.

I have been playing nurse to Shiloh for the last while, the other night she gashed her leg on a stick running through the bush, we probably should have taken her in for stitches but it was late in the day, vets would have to be called in and I thought I could just bandage it effectively. Well boy was I wrong, I didn't take into account that she would lick at it until the bandage shifted and moved the skin away from the wound. Now it is a horrible mess and far to late to stitch so I have been dousing it with peroxide and water and keeping polysporin on it. She is going to end up with a really nasty scar and I am hoping not to have to make another trip to the vet.

Mojo was spayed this morning and tonight she is sleepy still. I am supposed to keep her quiet with very limited exercise for 10 days. Today that isn't a problem but I am sure she will recoup her energy by tomorrow and I will be pulling my hair out trying to keep her calm. She is a really active dog. It was an expensive trip today over four hundred bucks for the spaying, vaccinations, blood work, and de-worming meds for Mojo and as well I brought Mixer in so the vet could check him out. He has been gaining weight steadily since he had pneumonia a few months ago and I am worried about him. I bought a diet food in the mean time and we should know more by tomorrow. They have to send the blood to the City for all the tests they are going to run.
Everyone fell in love with Mojo and she was really well behaved while she was there. I had to carry her in when we got home and Mixer and Shiloh were very curious and sniffed her all over, they can't figure out what is wrong with her. Sam has cruised by several times and gives her a look but so far hasn't ventured over to see why she isn't doing her normal exuberant play bow.

Horses are annoyed with me as they had to stay in thier pasture today as I have been in and out all day, I don't leave them loose around the house unless I am home to keep an eye on them, too much for them to get into. They will more then likely make up for it tomorrow.

I was supposed to go watch team roping tonight but am not going to make it. Want to stay home and be ready to take Mojo out when she needs to go as well I have been fighting a terrible headache. I am going to give in to it now and go lay down in a dark room for an hour and see if that helps. So once again sorry for not updating this earlier and indiaiynke you will probably regret asking for pony pics.... I have tons of them.
I have two in particular that I will post tomorrow, I have to find them first. I got delete happy and moved most of my pictures off this machine as was running out of room.
All for tonight will post more tomorrow on Mojo's condition.

No comments: