Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Already July

Wow hard to believe we have already cruised into July, how did that happen.

My Dad's birthday was on June 24, Happy Birthday Dad.
Apologies again for the sore ears I must have given you.....when I phoned with that slightly off key version of Happy Birthday!!

I got in quite a bit of riding during the month, went on another cattle drive, participated in a gymkanna and have ridden in our neighbors outdoor arena.

We have been having a heat wave here and most days it is in the high 20's and the past couple of days over 30.
I have had to water the garden a few times now and it takes just over an hour so I appreciate any moisture we get from above. Last night we had showers so didn't have to water. It has been far to hot to think about cooking inside so last night I did lazagna on the bbq. It turned out really well actually.

My niece and sister came again for another visit and I stole these pictures from her. Every time Prettygirl gets the saddle off she has to go for a good roll even if she has only had it on for a short time. My niece has lovely new cowboy (cowgirl) boots and is going to get to go for riding lessons this month, and am sure will be a good rider as she seems to have natural balance.





I cut grass yesterday for three hours in the heat and think by last night I had a bit of heat exhaustion as felt pretty ill for awhile. My lawn mower is starting to give out and every time I shut it off to empty the bag I had to pull at least six times to get it going again. That is more exhausting than just cutting the grass. It is supposed to be going to over 30 again today so will get out a lot earlier this morning and then hide in the house during the hottest part of the day. I have to catch the horses and douse them with fly spray again today, those stupid horse flies drive them nuts. I really don't know what purpose they have on this earth there as tons of other juicy delights for the birds to eat!

Anyway that is all for this time, have a great week everyone.

No comments: