Wow another post so soon! Am I sick or something?
Just wanted to share this story. Yesterday as you know I cut grass all day started at around 10:30 and got the whole front done then started on the back. In the back I have a barrel out there that we use for a firepit sometimes. It has been too hot this summer so far to use it so it has just sat there. Well I got to it and I usually just kind of hit it with the lawn mower and cut as close to it as I can (I hate weed eating). I did this yesterday and as I hit it a swarm of wasps came angrily out and got me twice in the ankle. Man for such little things they make such a big pain. Well then I was mad so I got out the WD40 and headed back over there to eradicate them. The stupid lid was stuck in there so I went and got a rake and tried to pry it up but that was a mistake! Two more stings, one on my other ankle and one on the face. There must be a huge nest in there and don't know if it is attached to the lid or inside. Well let me tell you I gave up that plan, hubby is going to have to tackle that job. He was talking last night of what he would wear to attack them and I am just going to have to get a picture which I will share! This whole event should take place on Saturday morning, those guys are on borrowed time and I won't shed a tear when they are destroyed.
Thursday, July 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Last year my Aussies turned up a yellow jacket nest - they have nice thick fur - and got no stings - I got about a dozen "rescuing" them. I burned those nasty things too!
Man those suckers hurt eh, it is still stinging once in awhile today. Guess I am just being a baby about it though. They are living on borrowed time though!!!Although for now I am giving it a very wide berth.
Hi there, never heard of Sevin but will do a search for it and see what it is so I can get some. Hubby slept in this morning so we were too late to get to them so will have to wait until he gets home to deal with it and in the meantime I will avoid all contact with it...
Post a Comment