Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wednesday morning babble

Morning all, I have been meaning to update for awhile now and log in only to find that I can't seem to put my thoughts into words so then decide to just cruise other blogs and update later. We all know later doesn't seem to happen though so I will just babble for a bit then sign off.

Just a quick note to shift.click : what has happened to your blog? When I click on the link I get a note that says being directed to the new site but then it whisks me to a car insurance advertising site? Not sure if you still check in or not, but if so, what is up?

I rode Prettygirl on Sunday night and she was awesome. Made me so proud of her again and renewed my joy of riding. The last few rides before that had been a fight pretty much the whole time. Maybe spending a couple of days away from home helped her or maybe it was just a coincidence and she was just having a good day. Whatever it was I was very pleased.

We did about an hour and 1/2 of practicing gymkanna events and she even made it through the flags. Something that scared the crap out of her that last time. I made her follow me while putting them up and let her sniff each one so maybe that helped. Then we went for a hour long trail ride down to the creek, saw a family of ducks and a beautiful Momma Elk. It was a perfect night, hardly any bugs, hardly any wind (just enough to keep the bugs away) and a beautiful sunset on the way home. I just wish I had a camera small enough to pack with me. I really do have to get some saddle bags so that I can bring extra stuff such as a camera and maybe some bottled water.

Yesterday I had to run into Mayberry shopping and then had to make a trip to the dump so that pretty much killed the whole day. When I got home from the dump I thought I saw a calf on the wrong side of the fence so got changed, grabbed the dogs and headed out. Sure enough he had slipped through the fence and was grazing on our side of the fence. Luckily hubby came home just then and so I opened the gate stood back and he chased the calf down and through the gate. I couldn't have done it on my own as there was quite a few cows and calves hanging around right outside the gate and they probably would have come through if I had left it open and then went to chase the calf. Guess the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence.!

Speaking of grass I will be cutting for the rest of the day. Think we are supposed to going up to a high of 24 Celsius today and then for the rest of the week it is to get up to over 30 and too hot to be cutting so better get it done today.

Anyway that is all the babble from the ranch, have a great day.

2 comments:

Loner said...

OH to live somewhere agian that you can just pass by a momma elk - and wild ducks... What a grat mental image that is!

Doolittle Ranch said...

Oh cool runemeister, will check it out, was wondering what was happening.

Loner yes it is awesome to be able to see the wildlife all the time, we have all kinds of critters passing through our yard.