Crab apple trees are blooming and smell so nice
Well I don't know why I even bother keeping this blog up I have been so awful about posting anything for a long time. Oh well I guess during summer months this is to be expected. Have been really lazy today and the most I got done was a bit of vacuming and did manage to wash the floors. It has been raining here off and on all day and just finished a big thunder storm that blew mostly over towards Edmonton. Did you ever have one of those hungry days? I have been eating all day and can't seem to get full, think maybe it is being stuck indoors or at least that is the excuse I am going to stick with!
Sammy lounging outside in the sun.
My greenhouse is doing alright and the plants are finally starting to grow. They all got a bit shocked as shortly after I planted we got severe frost. I did loose about four plants but that was alright as had put way too many in there anyway. I painted the front of it and hubby cut a window in the back for me. It was getting way to hot.
Last week we had an awesome stretch of weather and the temps even reached +32 and no wind! I got all the lawns cut and just enjoyed being able to be outside so much. The dogs are loving the new pond and Mojo is quite the little water dog. Mixer doesn't go in at all but does stand at the edge and drink. Shiloh likes the water but is still nervous because it drops off so fast. There are tons of deer tracks on the shore so am sure it is a popular wildlife spot when it is hot and wish I could hook up a hidden camera to see what goes on down there.
I just have to share these pictures, Prettygirl loves getting her belly rubbed and I finally captured her on the camera. She makes us laugh every time. I will say no more her face says it all.
Hubby had four days off this last weekend so I kept him pretty busy.
We spent two days pulling rusty old barb wire down. We both are sporting quite a few nasty scratches. I sure don't understand how someone could just leave it laying around the way they did and I am so relieved that we didn't find an animal hung up. There was some just lying on the the ground and then upon closer inspection realized it was a snarl of it. We are hoping we got it all but everytime I walk out the back I will check for more. It blends in so well that you don't see it until you are tangled up in it.
We were supposed to go look at a rotatiller that a friend said that they were going to sell. She was supposed to call me when they got home but never heard from her so now I am not sure if they still want to sell it or not. We waited the whole weekend and then finally yesterday went ahead and planted. We just put in five rows of potttatoes cause I know the weeds are going to overtake the garden again and without a rotatiller it will be futile trying to grow anything else. I left enough space in between the rows to til if we end up getting one.
Hubby left today for two weeks and we are supposed to be getting rain all week so maybe I will be on here boring you all alot more. He took my lap top so am trying to learn how to type on a keyboard again. Not pretty! I type three words, back space four to correct the errors. Oh well will get used to this and then have to learn all over again on the lap top....
For the first time in years I have gotten addicted to watching the hockey playoffs. The game starts at Six, poor hubby has to be in school tonight so he is going to miss it, he wasn't impressed.
Go Oilers Go!









1 comment:
Hey nice to hear from you. How is it going?
I added a picture of Sammy as well, haven't had any of him for awhile.
Post a Comment