Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Special Grandparents




Grandma passed away on June 6, 2004 and on May 24, 2006 Grandpa joined her.

My best memory of Grandpa was watching his eyes twinkle and that wink when he was setting someone up for a fall. Grandpa had a very good sense of humour and enjoyed a good laugh.

I will always remember Grandma for her kindness, warmth and she gave the best hugs ever.

We always lived so far away while growing up so didn't get a chance to get to know them as much as I would have liked but my parents always made a special effort to make the big trek to Saskatchewan every couple of years. While there we were able to join in on all the farm fun (work for them, fun for us) and spend time with all our cousins. My Mom's sister had five kids and Mom had five kids so every time they would line all ten of us up and take a group photo.

My parents passed through here on the way to the funeral, I couldn't join them as hubby was away and didn't have anyone to stay with my gang. I am happy that I am left with only good memories of my grandparents and not the sadness that is involved with a funeral but I would have liked to be able to see all my cousins again and meet their children. I am also sad that my children didn't have a chance to get to know their great grandparents and also that they didn't have a chance to meet their great great grandchild.

2 comments:

Doolittle Ranch said...

Hey there, I have been terrible about sharing anything lately but that will change soon. I am working on the next post and should be any day now....(maybe)

Am going to check up on all of you right now... ha ha

Kyahgirl said...

Hi B, I'm so sorry for your loss. That was a beautiful post. I like hearing about other people's loved ones.

Thanks for putting your pin on my map. Alberta doesn't feel so lonely :-)