Well made it through another busy weekend. Friday morning I had a great ride on Prettygirl. I rode her around and around the little corral and she was really listening well and I even had her neck reining and doing figure eights around the trees.
Then we spent the rest of the day cleaning out the front pasture, hubby took out some old posts and filled the holes while I raked manure, then starting mowing it. Don't know why the girls only eat certain areas while the rest grew out of control. Guess there is something in those patches that they didn't like.
Saturday we carried on with that and then took it fairly easy. I even got to sit out in my lawn chair with a good book and promptly fell asleep. When I woke up I saw a fox sitting just beyond the lawn area watching me. I thought I was seeing things as he blended in with the landscape so well so I got up and sure enough he took off. I think he was so curious what I was but of course don't want them hanging out this close to the house as Sammy goes outside and sure don't want him becoming fox lunch.
Yesterday I saddled up the horse and worked with her for awhile in the little corral, she was jumpier then she had been on Friday but I still took her out to the bigger pasture and she proceeded to try and buck me off again. I just kept at it and then later on in the day Al called and said he was going riding so I met him at the end of our property and we went for a three hour ride. We went down to the creek and then rode along there for awhile. At one point we came up over a ridge and a Canada Goose flew up, boy I thought she was going to jump out of her skin until she realized that it wasn't going to attack her. Then we had to go through some really thick bush and at one point she stopped and wouldn't go for me so we traded horses and I got on Buddy and Al got on Prettygirl. Being the more confident rider he was able to make her go and we spent the next hour just going through really thick brush. It was awesome for her and by the end of it she wasn't jumping and freaking every time a twig snapped. I had to laugh on the way home I looked over at her and she had a way more humble look on her face. Must say my butt is sore today and think I will give it a break today!
Today I get to run into town for shopping, YUK! Not my favourite thing to do but the dogs are almost out of food so guess I had better make the effort.
Anyway have a great day all.
Monday, May 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I found you at Kyahgirls, I am sending you some warm Oklahoma sunshine. But the wind I cannot help you with. I dislike it too!
Hey there, thanks alot, it worked we have had a whole week straight of nice weather. Now today we are having a wind and rain storm but we did need some moisture.
Post a Comment