Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Two birthdays

Happy Birthday Devon (Eight on Monday) and Happy Birthday Prettygirl (Six on Sunday)

I sent Devon a card on Friday so hopefully he will get it by today, what a terrible Grandmother I am eh! I meant to get the card out earlier but of course it was another procrastination week. Oh well better late then never I guess.

Sorry but I just have to rant for just a minute then hopefully get it out of my system.
What is with this wind lately!???? Man for the past three days it hasn't stopped, Gail force winds have been rocking this place and making me insane. (Ok more than normal!)
We have had everything from sun, wind, clouds rain and yes even some flurries although I have tried to ignore that and just say white rain.

Saturday it poured rain all day so we ended up going into Spruce Grove/ Stony Plain shopping and managed to pick up a really large bag of grass seed and a few bedding plants. We had a great day and when we got home we just hung out watched a couple of movies.

On Sunday I was supposed to go riding with a friend as her Mom was going to come and baby sit for her. Well at the last minute her Mom couldn't come so that let that plan out.
Hubby and I decided to work on getting dirt for the greenhouse and then cover it with plastic. We acquired this little A frame building from our neighbor last year and thought it would make a perfect greenhouse, small but it would work. I guess the previous owners had used it for a dog shelter or something. Anyway we started working on it and hubbies friend showed up so we put him to work digging a truck load of dirt and then he helped off load it and then covered it with the plastic. They even made me a little door. We just got done and it started pouring rain, I had the girls locked in the little corral all day hoping that Al would call and we could go riding.

Right after it started raining Prettygirl rolled in the mud and was more of a dark horse then a white one. I figured that Al had changed his mind about going so I turned them out to the big pasture. We cleaned up and went in to make supper. We invited hubbies friend for supper, the least we could do to thank him for the help, no way we would have been able to get it all done before the rain hit without his help.
We just sat down to eat around seven thirty and Al called and said he would be ready around eight or so, but by then I must say I was too lazy to head back out and try and coax her back in the little corral and wasn't prepared to have to spend an hour grooming her to get the mud off so regrettably had to decline. Prettygirl turned six on Sunday so thought maybe she should just enjoy having the day off by then....

Yesterday I went to the garden center and picked up some tomato plants and a couple of cucumber plants and while snow was blowing around outside I was happily planting them. I think I might have got carried away with the plants and might have more then the greenhouse will be able to handle but it looked nice to see something green.



I will paint the door when the weather warms up.


Small but should do the trick for now

Anyway hubby just showed up at home so will hurry off here and get some supper ready.

No comments: