Well I definitely seem to have spring fever and can't seem to focus on sitting at this computer for any length of time. I start out thinking I will update this blog then get distracted with checking emails and then seem to float from one site to the next then sign off without updating.
There is no snow left here now and it has been really warm the last few days. Yesterday think we reached a high of +16 so think that adds to my not wanting to spend time on the computer.
I have been really busy trying to put some hours on Prettygirl. I bought a lunge whip yesterday and am in the process of trying to learn how to lunge her to take some of the energy out of her before I get on. The other day she kept trying to buck me off and finally I brought her back in undid her cinch and re-cinched her and took her out again so either that was the problem or she was tired as she didn't try to buck as much. Some days I feel so out of my league here and wish there was some one really close that could give me some lessons but everyone I know is too busy so I rely on information gained from the internet. I learn better by watching then reading though so it is slow going. But still fun!
We have been doing the spring clean up thing around here and I spent a couple of hours picking up doggy packets and now am raking the excess leaves and stuff. The grass is even starting to turn a bit green now so imagine within a couple of weeks I will be back to spending 20 hours a week cutting it. Foolish me can hardly wait! I know I know, by the end of the summer I will be complaining about it and wishing it would stop growing. Happens every year.
The grandkids are coming for Easter so I ran into Mayberry yesterday to pick up some Easter goodies for them before every thing is sold out. Half way into town my car started getting hot so had to turn on the heat and open all the windows. I ended up limping home but now am grounded until hubby can order a fan for it. My poor car is getting tired too and imagine this will be the first of many things to start going wrong with it.
The day before yesterday I made several batches of buns, bread and garlic bread trying to stock up before they come. We always go through so much bread when they are here and the last thing I feel like doing is to sit in and bake on a nice day so made one day my baking day. Got to the last batch and was waiting to form it into buns to let it rise and heard this noise and saw flames in the oven. The element burnt out so that was another priority to get to town yesterday. I used my little Black and Decker toaster oven to cook it. I was amazed that it actually did a good job in baking it. I thought I should have taken pictures and sent it to Black and Decker so they could use it in an advertisement or something.
Anyway I can feel my enthusiasm slipping again for writing so will sign off so as not to bore anyone.
I think they are staying all next week as well so might not check in too much as the kids sure do keep a person busy. But if I don't I hope you all have a wonderful Easter.
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
......well......if you ever get bored......you can come read my blog......bye.
Post a Comment