Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Good intentions

I had good intentions of posting a short video, I say short because the hosting site I found limits it to two minutes. I couldn't narrow it down to the best two minutes so decided to forget the Easter video and work on posting part of a video I took of the boys visiting Bozo. Bozo is a calf that was born awhile ago and his Mommy rejected him. Al had to hand feed him for awhile before finding a surrogate mother that would take over. Of course this meant handling him more then usual. Bozo has two mothers now but is still the favorite calf this year.

He has the largest cutest eyes I have ever seen and has such personality. He lets small children get on his back and ride him. Bozo is getting larger every day and when he runs away from you he kicks up his little back feet. He is adorable but he still thinks he is just a small little fellow and doesn't realize his own strength yet, it would be nasty to be on the receiving end of those little feet. Aidan was just fascinated with him and had no fear at all so it was work just trying to make sure he didn't get at the back end of Bozo. I can just imagine him full grown and thinking he could run up to people the way he does now! They are going to be turning him out to pasture soon and he will soon forget but in the mean time everyone is enjoying his antics.

For the past couple of days I have been cutting grass, well mostly picking up all the dead stuff but still amazing how it has grown since cutting it last fall. I decided not to fertilize as that would just be stupid. It takes me about 12 hours to cut the whole thing so I sure don't want to have to do it more often. I did fertilize all the trees and my flower bed and got a grand idea for another one. (Hubby was thrilled to hear that as he gets to build it for me) Don't you just love spring, the energy you feel, the projects you assign yourself and then by the end of summer you look forward to being able to stay in the house and not have to be out working from morning to night just to keep the place up. Guess it is a way to accept winter!

I am going to go now and try to narrow this video down and see if using good old dial up I can get this on here. That is my goal for the morning (hoping that it won't take me all morning!)

No comments: