We had a great Easter and time just flew by. I got the boys bubble guns and they had a blast with them and when the bubbles ran out they still played with them even though I had extra bubbles. Think they just liked the guns.





The Easter bunny hid clues for the oldest grandson Dev to find, all I will say on this subject is that the Easter bunny has to get smarter before next year. He found them all before his brother even got up so when he was sent off to play Nintendo the Easter bunny had to sneak back in and replace the clued eggs with non clues and then rehide the clued eggs! He still had no problem finding everything in a big hurry so next year the Easter bunny promises to be more clever. Do ya think?
I had my video camera going for the Easter egg hunt so will try to figure out how to put a small video on here. Maybe tonight, maybe not depending on my ambition level.
The oldest grandson worked with hubby most days moving old lumber to a burn pile and good lumber into the barn for storage. In the end we will have enough scrap lumber laying around to build a round pen for me. I am so looking forward to that as Missy out there is getting such attitude and I need to be able to work her from the ground first before getting on her.
That is another story though.
They left on Monday and hubby had Tuesday off so we cleaned up around the old barn. Man the previous owners had no pride when it came to this place and left so much garbage burried strategically. We took 20 bags of garbage out of the barn and surrounding area, found such treasures as silk pillows, couch cushions that were ripped into shreds, old jackets, ballet slippers (well only one of those surfaced so far) as well as a couple more batteries. I really can't imagine being that lazy to just leave stuff like that laying around. They had animals here at one time didn't they care for their safety? Sorry just venting! It is rewarding though to see the improvement from year to year. We were going to put a big sign up at the gate calling this place Treasure Island in the hopes that the old owners would drive past and wonder what we found. So far there has been no treasure but we can only hope.
Hubby went back to work yesterday and the temperature went to a high of +22 and what did I spent the day doing? Cleaning house of course. I started at 7:30 am then took a break to take dogs for walk around 10 and then right back at it. I even finally got down on my hands and knees and washed the kitchen floor then waxed it. Something I am embarrassed to say hasn't been done for a very long time. I usually just mop it but of course the corners never get done properly that way. I finally finished around 3:30 and then went out and raked the dead stuff out of the flower beds just to get out and enjoy the sun.
Today it is meant to be nice again and I am going to spend the day outdoors. I want to play with the horses for a bit and then drag out the lawn mower and clean off the dead grass and then silly me might fertilize it. I imagine you will all hear me crying the blues about having to cut it for the rest of the summer but I really want to look out and see the grass green not this crappy brown color.
Well that is all that is new in my little world so will get off here, feed the dogs and get going on the day.
Have a good one everyone.

1 comment:
Hey there, I hope you have a great day on Monday, will be thinking of you.
I did enjoy the boys, they are at such nice ages now and yeah I do remember sniffing out the odd easter treat myself although it was a loooong time ago!
Post a Comment