Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring? I sure hope so

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here for the past few days and starting to melt like crazy. It is going to take quite awhile though as we have so much snow to try and get rid of.

Our eldest son was down for a few days and father and son took a trip to Valemount snowmobiling for a few days, (bonding time). They had an awesome time and will add a couple of those pictures. Scenery was breathtaking and next year they promise that I will get to go as well.








Since I posted last hubby has started a new job and is working from home now so we had to rearrange the bedroom to set him up an office area. For the first week he worked from the kitchen table. He will be home some weeks and on the road for others so will be nice for him not to have to drive 100k round trip to go to work each day.
One of the good things that will come out of him working from home is that we are going to "bite the bullet" and get satellite Internet installed. Yeah!! Tuesday is supposed to be the big day. His company bought him an air card for his lap top but half the time it doesn't get a full strength signal and he would have to hook up using my dial up, so that meant my Internet was tied up and so was the phone line. Now remember we are talking about someone that spends a lot of time on the Internet so for me to be hang around waiting for him to be done so I could go on was awful. I was actually starting to bite my nails and pace!....

Mixer dude had surgery on Monday to have a lump removed. It was about the size of a quarter but the cut ended up being about 5 inches long. He was really brave and having to keep him quiet has been tough, he really wants to come out walking but I leave him at home with a bone to chew on. I am always amazed at how fast animals bounce back from surgery. I was going to show a close up picture but decided to spare you the details.



This afternoon Hubby and I saddled up Prettygirl and Copper and went to go for a ride, well they were not impressed with having to leave Link. He was calling them and racing up and down the fence which really got the girls fired up. We finally called it quits after fighting with them and as it is fairly slippery outside with all the melting we decided to separate and get them over the herd bound attitudes they all have. Link and Mystery are now in one pen and Prettygirl and Copper in the other with the corral in between them. Link was really choked about it all and kept kicking running and pacing up and down the fence. Things have finally settled down now and they are all settled in to eating hay. It will probably take a few weeks for them to actually accept it.

Well I will sign off for now and get these pictures uploaded. Take care all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mixer is a beautiful dog. 5 inches is a long cut! Poor thing! He will recover quickly, I'm certain.

I haven't been snowmobiling in 40 years. Or thereabouts. I'd love to go, but I don't think I'd want to do it for any extended amount of time. Big weenie, that's me.

The weather here is nice, too! Spring is definitely on the way!

Anonymous said...

OH - I forgot - take Runemeister off as soon as you can get around to it - I just deleted it a few days ago but already a spammer has taken it over!!! There must be some kind of program these people have that grab stuff - looks like it's out of Great Britain.

Doolittle Ranch said...

Hey there, well this proves that a person should never do something in a rush. I thought I would quickly add the new link and now the layout of the blog seems to have changed and don't think I have time to fix it right now so it will have to stay like that for now. I will try to get it fixed later on today, appologies....

Anonymous said...

It looks the same to me; thanks for changing the links... Unless of course you've fixed it since I was by last -

Have a good Monday!

Doolittle Ranch said...

Hey there, no I only fixed it once but when I did it seemed that all my links and stuff were way down on the screen instead of up top on the right hand side. It seems fine now though so don't know what that was all about.
Take care, Barb

Loner said...

What a great shot of the snow - I miss that here in Georgia.

Doolittle Ranch said...

Well I would trade you some snow for some green grass!