Well this will be a quick post just to fill you in on the first week with the new horses. After the first few days of pouting Prettygirl settled in and mostly ignored the fact that there were other horses here. Link would stand for hours staring over the fence at her like he was in love.
Late in the week she changed again and when I would go to give the other horses treats she would race up to fence and challenge Link by jumping turning and bucking and kicking. (Just showing off of course).
Yesterday morning was the big day, I went out early and gave them all their oat treats and then when hubby came out we opened the gates. Link immediately tried to introduce himself but she would have nothing to do with him, she would squeal and jump and kick towards him, then carefully herd Mystery away from the other horses. This went on for awhile then her and Mystery headed out to the big pasture leaving Copper and Link to check out the corral, and the front pasture. They are such beautiful animals and ran around with their tails in the air.
Later on they started what would become a ritual, Pretty would walk somewhere and they would follow, she would try to get away from them but everywhere she went they were right behind her. By the end of the day they were all in the corral at the same time and were carefully moving around each other.
This morning I looked out the window just in time to see Prettygirl and Link sniffing noses then she gave a squeal and ran off but didn't go far so I think they are starting to like each other. The ritual continues.
Anyway will leave you with a few photos I took yesterday. We are working on fencing the other side of the driveway and when that is done they will have a brand new pasture area to explore.
The cows are back now and we might let them in the new pasture to clean up the heavy grass and to uncover any bad things that might be hiding in all that long grass before we turn the horses out there.
Bye for now, have a great day.
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
wow - it is just beautiful there - and I am openly jealous about the horses!
Hey there, Man I can't beleive how long it has been since posting again. Thanks for your comments, your place looks really cool as well and I admire you for all the rescue work you do.
Post a Comment