
The first part of the next week was spent taking apart a roof that had been blown off the horse shelter at the grounds where the saddle club meets. The roof was at least 70 feet long and had been blown and flipped over about twenty feet from the building. It was a big job but ended up with quite a bit of tin and wood.
Our oldest son arrived with family in tow on the 9th of August and stayed until the 27th. Boy have the kids grown since seeing them in April, Aidan is talking now and in the midst of being potty trained. Hubby and son spent the first few days running around getting all the material needed to start on the chicken coop. Son and girlfriend headed off to Jasper for some quiet time leaving us in charge of the grandkids for a few days. Boy do you forget what having a two year old is all about in a hurry. He never stops! They were both so good the whole time but I must admit by the end of the third day I was looking for thier parents to arrive home. Bed times were a much looked forward to event and then after they were finally in bed I was ready to head myself. That is what getting old is all about I guess.... The 8 year old is a huge help with his brother and I had to call upon him a few times to babysit while I helped Grandpa do stuff. By the end of the second day he was looking forward to the special pizza I made him to thank him for helping out so much.
The chicken coop came to a grinding halt when Son went out and bought new quads for himself and the oldest grandson, girlfriend bought one as well so then they needed to build a shed to store them in. So more trips to town for lumber ect. Thankfully we had bought the pool as that was the highlight for the oldest grandson on hot days and we did manage to have quite a few of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment