Since posting last I have sold Link my quarter/Arabian cross horse. He has always been a challenge for me due to his size (he was 17 hands high) and his lack of respect for humans. He is also extremely herd bound and would cause such a ruckus if I tried to work with one of the other horses by itself. Not sure if I posted this or not but last summer I had caught the girls, tied them up, and then went to catch him, as he went to run away from me he kicked me in the shoulder. Luckily, he was a ways from me and just caught with the tip of his hoof so other then a bruise did not do any damage. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said it was an accident. Well this fall my neighbour came over to look at Prettygirls legs for me so we removed her from the pen, Link got upset and when I let them out together he kicked at me again. I did not realize it as had my back turned to him but my neighbour said, "you know that horse almost kicked you!” Then the final straw was when my hubby and I were out working again on Pretty's legs. She gets something called scratches and her back legs were all swollen. She was very lame so we brought a bucket of ice water and some towels and I was wrapping them to try to reduce the swelling. Link kept coming over and trying to take the towels off her legs, so I shooed him away. He went and stood about 50 feet from where we were working. The dogs were lying in the grass just in front of us. All of a sudden, Link came towards the dogs, raised both front feet in the air and came down trying to strike Shiloh. We both screamed at him and thankfully, Shiloh was able to move in time. She is an old dog and seemed to almost freeze. Anyway, to make a painful story short we were able to relocate him (thanks to my parents) to a home in B.C. The young fellow that bought him trains Arabians and apparently, it is working out well for both of them. He has ridden him already and I think that it is a better situation for all. Meanwhile here things have calmed down considerably and I enjoy working with the horses again. Whew what a lengthy story eh!
I am not going to catch you up on everything as will take too long. We have had a bout of extremely cold weather and then it warmed up and now is cold again. It had dropped down to -40 at one point with the wind chill. Thank God, we got the barn done but silly girls do not even use it much. Here a few pictures of the barn now, it feels so good to be at the point of being able to use it. We have moved the chickens over there now and they love the extra room.
Finally we are able to use the barn
Visit with sister and niece, the cutie on my niece's shoulder is Skie who is so amazing. She flies all over the house and lands on everyone and catches free rides.
I have 10 new pets! no not chickens, fish. I have been wanting a fish tank for so long and finally bought one 3 weeks ago so now am learning so much about taking care of a tank. The first thing I learned was I have too many fish for the size of the aquarium so hubby is going to buy me a bigger one, one of these days. Just have to find the right deal.
Well going to sign off for now and go feed the crew. Take care all and will try not to leave it so long in-between posts.

No comments:
Post a Comment