Doolittle Ranch

Welcome!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Red Face

Wow I am red faced, I can't believe it has been this long since posting last!

Let me see, I will try to do a quick catch up so as not to bore anyone.

I as you know started a new job and even though it is part time it has been consuming my life. So much to learn.

I have gone to Edmonton twice on training courses and have been really enjoying learning and working and feeling like I have a purpose again. (the extra spending money has been nice as well)
I have also been tutoring a couple of people in basic computer stuff which was taking up two days a week but now that will fade out once the lady in particular leaves to go back home. She was just over here in Canada for a couple of months.

We have been having a real winter this year and so far have probably about 2 feet of snow@!. Maybe that is a slight exaggeration but there again maybe not, it sure feels like it. We got so much snow at one time that I couldn't even walk out back for about three weeks, then our neighbour kindly came over and ploughed a trail around for me again.

We have lost two chickens and don't know what happened to them. On Nov 27 (right after a really bad cold snap) I went out as usual in the morning and found her. Exactly one week later another one, I was sick about it and called the vet and the breeder and they both said that these things happen sometimes and chickens can get colds fairly easily, or they could have chocked on something.
So far so good and haven't lost any more so now am down to eight chickens. One white , three blacks and four browns.

My grandsons came to visit in early November and sure enjoyed seeing them, they did some quading, we had a huge bonfire and celebrated a late Thanksgiving with them.

Christmas was really quiet as they weren't able to make it so have their presents here for next time they come. Our youngest son and daughter in law came between Christmas and New Years so spent a few days with them. I hadn't cooked a turkey over Christmas so did it while they were here.

We have also been working with the horses quite a bit and have been getting Link used to having a bit in his mouth. He had been trained on a hackamore but when we used it you could see that there would be no stopping power there so we switched. Yesterday was the first time I tried riding him with the new bit and he was awesome!. Copper works really well with the hackamore so will leave her with that.
This is just a quick catch up post and I will try to be more faithful with keeping short updates.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and all the best in 2007.

Wow where are the years going?

No comments: